Cosmetic dentist Dr. Wanda Mejia was born in the Dominican Republic and received her first dental degree at the Dental University in Santo Domingo, before coming to New York to study. She received a second degree in dentistry at New York University, where she also continued her dental education with a two-year dental residency focused on dental implants.
Dr. Wanda has a varied background in the study of TMJ and orthodontics, having taken a residency with Dr. Jay Gerber as well as additional training in neuromuscular dentistry at LVI. She applies this comprehensive neuromuscular training along with additional studies as a cosmetic dentist to help ensure that all treatment is not only beautiful, it’s comfortable and long-lasting.
Wanda Mejia, DDS, is certified in Invisalign and obstructive sleep apnea.
Ongoing Education – Wanda Mejia, DDS
Dr. Wanda wants to make sure she is always delivering dentistry that is at the forefront of her discipline. To ensure this, she is constantly taking courses in the most advanced dental techniques.
- Core I – Advanced Functional Physiologic Dentistry
- Core II Orthotic Maintenance, Adjustment and Essential Aesthetic Reconstructive Techniques
- Core III – Mastering Dynamic Adhesion in Complex Reconstructive Cases
- Core IV – Mastering All The Principles of Phase One
- Core IV – Advanced Principles, Case Stabilization and Bite Transfer in the Physiologic
- Core V – Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusal Reconstruction
- Core VI – Coronoplasty and Case Finishing
- Core VII – Full Mouth Reconstruction – Essential Tools for Finalization of Physiologic Rehabilitation
- Contemporary Treatment of the Atrophic Posterior Practice
- Full Face Orthodontics “F2O” Physiologic Orthodontics
- Practical Advanced TMD Practice- Level 2
- Practical Advanced TMD Practice- Level 1
- Introduction to NM Ortho Mechanics (Ortho II)
- Neuromuscular Pediatric Orthodontics
- Digital Diagnostic Basic Training
- TMD/Occlusion Mini-Residency Program – The Center for Occlusal Studies
- Comprehensive All-On-4® Full Arch Immediate Function Course – SCLAR CENTER Advanced Implant Dentistry Learning
- Controlled Arch Orthodontics Session 2 – The Facial Beauty Institute
- Oral Conscious Sedation
These courses ensure she stays on top of her field, and she is absolutely up-to-date, having completed her most recent course in May 2018.
In addition, Dr. Wanda Mejia keeps her outlook fresh by maintaining membership in a number of dental organizations that let her work with other dentists who are also dedicated to ensuring they practice top-quality dentistry and hold each other to the highest standards of dental care. Her memberships include:
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- New York State Dental Association (NYSDA)
Membership in these organizations helps Dr. Wanda to steer not only her practice, but the profession of dentistry as well.
Dr. Mejia enjoys skiing, travel, and movies. She loves comedy films. She also enjoys running and dance, especially Latin dance styles like Salsa.
She has three girls, and she takes them traveling and skiing. The kids are already better skiers than their parents.
If you are looking for a caring dental practice based on some of the most advanced principles in cosmetic dentistry, please call (914) 526-2144 or email Advanced Dentistry of Mohegan Lake today for an appointment with one of our cosmetic dentists.