A perfect set of teeth—besides improving your looks dramatically—helps maintain or improve your overall health. Still, despite taking good care of your teeth and oral hygiene, certain issues may still crop up and lead to bite misalignment, degeneration of the bone, and even further tooth loss—among other potential issues.
The Good News
If you have lost a tooth, or have a broken or damaged one, don’t worry! Through corrective and restorative dentistry, you can now get your damaged oral structures repaired or restored. At our cosmetic dental office in Mohegan Lake, you will find several expert corrective and restorative dentistry professionals. Through a caring and gentle process, they will find out the specific condition of your mouth and the severity of the damage to it so that they can decide the best corrective and restorative options for you.
What’s Dental Restoration?
It’s a treatment tailored to restore the aesthetics and function of your cracked or damaged tooth. It may include certain specific procedures including fillings, bridges, implants, etc. Contrary to popular opinion, restorative dentistry professionals treat patients from all age groups from kids to teens to adults, and seniors—everyone at every age range can have problems with their mouths, and there’s always a solution. So although these problems tend to show up more as you become older, there’s no reason they can’t be treated as a young adult or child to prevent further complications down the road.
Major Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Thanks to the caring hands, expert training and advanced technology performed by these expert professionals, you will get life-changing benefits.
Let’s take a quick look at some of these!
- The natural teeth function will get restored. Perhaps the most important benefit of restorative procedures is that the overall functionality of your teeth will be restored. Depending on your procedure, you can enjoy your food and talk without any difficulties because your teeth would become healthy & disease-free.
- Pain will vanish. If you have a cavity that’s rather deep or an infected tooth that needs a root canal, you may have undergone ruthless pain. Cracked and broken teeth can be even worse. With restorative procedures, you will be saved from that pain as your dentist will either correct the issue or eliminate the infection.
- Your appearance will improve. Corrective and restorative procedures will make your teeth look better so you can smile with total confidence in any situation.
- The density of jaw bone will be maintained. Substituting a missing tooth with an artificial tooth or an implant will help maintain the bone density in your jaw. If one of your teeth is missing, the particular division of the jaw that earlier held it in place will begin to become weak and dissolve over time. After that, a bone graft process will be needed to replace it with an implant. To avoid that, your dentist—through restorative dentistry—will restore your missing or unusable tooth as soon as possible to prevent further bone loss.
- Further dental issues will be stopped. Through the corrective process, your dentist will stop a dental issue from getting worse, or causing more dental issues.
Dental Restoration: What Are the Major Types?
The following 6 are some of the popular dental restoration procedures:
- Dental fillings
Usually used for repairing a tooth affected by decay or cavities, composite fillings are minimally invasive and help to preserve the largest part of your tooth’s structure. While the entire process will need a little tooth preparation, don’t be surprised if with just a single dental appointment you get it done successfully.
- Dental crowns
Also known as “tooth caps”—as they cover the entire tooth down to the gum line—Dental Crowns are used to shield a tooth with large structural destruction. This procedure may require several dental appointments. For the procedure, your affected tooth will be trimmed down and typically restored to its original function.
- Dental implants
With dental implants, you will have the closest feel to having a natural tooth. It will help maintain your bone health and dental alignment. As they can support different kinds of dental restorations including crowns, bridges, and dentures, dental implants may repair a single tooth, many teeth, or you can have a full mouth dental implant restoration.
- Dental bridges
A combination of many dental crowns—usually three or four—is utilized to cover the gap left by missing teeth. A bridge may connect to healthy teeth on either side of the gap or artificial tooth.
- Inlays and Onlays
These are fabricated in the dental lab for mouth problems that are too big for fillings and too small for a dental crown.
- Composite bonding
When a front tooth is broken a little, it can be rather tough to fill it. Your dentist will use dental bonding with composite resin in such cases to reconstruct the damaged teeth and bring their visual charm back.
Mohegan Lake Corrective and Restorative Dentistry
We will ensure that—no matter the severity of your dental issue—you have a gentle, stress-free experience. We offer quality services and individual attention to you at Advanced Dentistry of Mohegan Lake, Westchester County, NY. For us, your smile matters and it needs individualized care. You can trust us to fulfill your dental requirements with a vast range of tailor-made dental services, treatments, and processes.
We will work with you to decide the best possible method, which includes taking into account your individual way of life and dental requirements. We will tailor a treatment plan that will improve your oral health for years to come. Since restoring your ideal dental structure not only improves your appearance and oral health better but also stops the neighboring teeth from shifting and even removes the pain of a misaligned bite, we will give you a smile that looks as stunning as it feels. In some cases, this even relieves pain and eliminates headaches.
Through Corrective and Restorative Dentistry, you can successfully deal with your lost or damaged teeth and restore their appeal for the health and aesthetics you deserve. From dental implants to composite bonding to dental bridges, you have many choices for dental restoration. Check with the dental implant dentist in Westchester, NY today!